Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Bridal Ring






Bonjour from Campagne Maison


I have been searching for some old chenille bedspreads to use in making a patchwork duvet cover for the bed in the master bedroom. My tentative plan is to piece 12x12 blocks together with strips of the chenille. I am going to make the entire cover white-on-white and quilt a design on each block to mimic parts of the design in the canopy, which I will blog about later.

I have found several bedspreads that were so thin they could be used as bridal veils and the prices were equally as ridiculous! Recently, I took an afternoon scouting out a local antique store and happened upon three brand new chenille bedspreads—never been opened from their original packaging. Two were pinstripe and one was a bridal ring. All of them were turning a little yellow. I purchased the bridal ring because of its similarity to the canopy, brought it home, laundered it, and spread it across the bed to check out the sizing. I stood back to get a birds eye view of it and I knew immediately there was NO way that I could cut it up, it was SO PRETTY! So, after sitting and admiring it for awhile, I carefully folded it back up and sat it atop the armoire. My plan now is to use it instead, as a throw across the end of the bed.

It’s still a go on the original plans for the white-on-white quilted duvet EXCEPT it will not include the chenille strips. If Plan A doesn’t work out, there is always Plan B.

Thanks for stopping by the farmhouse for a visit today. We love having company.

Au revoir,

No comments: