Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Silent P

Bonjour from Campagne Maison


"P"

Dear Ms. Matlock,

I saw my physician yesterday and was diagnosed with pneumonia. He sent me to the pharmacy for some medication. While I was there, I saw some photos of people with psoriasis and started having phantom pains. I can't stop scratching! Then, on my way home, I stopped for supper and developed ptomaine posioning.

Today, I have to see a psychiatrist because I have developed psychasthenia. I should have listened to that psychic instead of accusing her of being a phoney. Maybe the best thing for me to do is read a Psalm and stay in bed.

I would turn in my paper with a pseudonym this week, but I know that you check attendance and would miss me. I have studied really hard on my spelling this week, so please excuse me from class today. I will return next week.


I am linking up with Jenny's Alphabe-Thursday. Please grab her button on my sidebar and head on over to read all the other "P" words for this week!

Thanks for stopping by the farmhouse for a visit today. We love having company.

Au revoir,

26 comments:

Tracy said...

that was a fun read thanks

Betty said...

Very good use of P words. At first I thought you were really sick, but as I read on I decided you couldn't possibly have all those things. I'm glad you're well!

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

I laughed myself silly!

Doris Sturm said...

What a phun post (he, he, he) I love it! And what a great way to learn some more p-words...have a great day :-)



(gotta take my dog out to p)

Viki said...

This was just amazing. I never would have thought of using all silent p's. Good job!!!

Anonymous said...

All I can say is, girl, you have an awesome imagination!! So fun.

Anonymous said...

You are phenomenal and a philosopher. You come up with the most interesting blogs. You come up with some great phrases too.

Pondside said...

You are too clever for your own good.....or so my favorite old teacher would have said!
Loved this post, but worried about you and the scratching!

Lorrie said...

positively phenomenal!

laterg8r said...

pretty funny :D

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

love it! you do have a way with words...

Terra said...

oh, that was adorable!

Sea Witch said...

Lvoing your music...especially Silence is golden. Such great harmonies. I used to beg my sons choir teacher to have the male choir sing this...their junior high voices were made for this song. Love your use of silent p's. As always you are so clever. Sea witch

mrs. c said...

So cute, so clever and so real! I have a couple of friends that just like your post....please don't mention that something is wrong with you because they will have it too!

Sarah said...

Jacque, this is absolutely perfect. You are amazing! Love it. ~ Sarah

Jenny said...

Well, thank Heavens it was H week or I would fear hyperchonria!

What a wonderful post!

This made me laugh the hardest of any P posts I've read yet...

In fact it made me laugh so hard I almost had to P!

So you, my dear,have not only earned an A+ BUT you also get to be the bathroom monitor for the entire week!

Really, really clever!

Unknown said...

well done!

Maggie said...

What a great P post, you must have raided the dictionary!It was hilarious!
~Maggie~

MrsJenB said...

Hahaha great job! At first I was all "pneumonia? Oh no!" haha

Jo said...

you cracked me up there ... very very funny! thanks for the chuckle

Christy said...

Phunny stuff!

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

Very good Ps. Sorry about the heartbreak of psoriasis.

Barb said...

Hi Jacque,

Great "p's". Very funny, a good read before heading to work.
I am so excited about granddaughter #4. Can you believe it? I just wished they lived here. I am enjoying the webcam though. I think that was one of the best gifts ever.

Have a Blessed Mother's day.

big hugs

gayle said...

That was so cute!

Steph said...

The words you chose were great and the way you put them together delightful. So fun. Thanks for this enjoyable post.

Kat said...

Very clever! This was such a fun post to read. Sorry I'm late to visit, but thinks have been "phrantic" here :) Kathy