Thursday, June 23, 2011

When the Battle's Over

Bonjour from Campagne Maison


(note the crown atop her head)


A circular piece of the rusty arbor fell off during the winter months and I noticed that the DH was inspired to use his creative eye at design...not bad for a beginner!


The first thought that entered my mind when I saw that he had made a crown for my Angel was the gospel song by Isaac Watts...



"Must I be carried to the skies on flow'ry beds of ease,



while others fought to win the prize, and sailed thro' bloody seas?



Sure I must fight if I would reign, Increase my courage Lord,



I'll bear the toil, endure the pain, supported by Thy word.



..And when the Battle's over we shall wear a crown,



Yes, we shall wear a crown....."



Thanks for stopping by the farmhouse for a visit today. We love having company!



Au revoir,



2 comments:

Sea Witch said...

I love this post. Yes, the angel was deserving of this halo and you must leave it there until the wind moves it to another deserving head. You have such a soul about you, my friend. Your posts always make me think. Sea Witch

Lorrie said...

It's always fun when husbands get in on the decorating!