Wednesday, July 6, 2011

SOS

Bonjour from Campagne Maison




John "Jack" Phillips, Senior Wireless Operator--Crew member TITANIC

a.k.a. Kaleb Wells


......I was off duty when the iceberg struck our great ship. Being summoned to my station around 12:14 a.m. April 12, 1912, by Captain Smith, alongside my partner, Harold Bride, we frantically began tapping out both CQD and SOS distress messages to all ships at sea. Captain Smith finally released us from duty when the rising water invaded the wireless room. At that point "it was every man for himself". I lost my life at the young age of 25, but my heroic efforts saved over 900 people. ...


If you are in the area of Pigeon Forge, TN, the TITANIC Museum is a must see! Boarding year round between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m.




Thanks for stopping by the farmhouse for a visit today. We love having company!



Au Revoir,






1 comment:

Ana said...

Hi Jacque,
A few years ago there was a Titanic museum/exhibition in Las Vegas that we got to go to...It was quite the experience.

Hope you are having a wonderful summer my friend...Oh and did you, or are you having your annual family reunion with the corntoss competition this year?

Much love,
♥Ana