Sunday, October 30, 2011

Don't Mess with my Tutu

Bonjour from Campagne Maison




It started out with a SIMPLE boring routine shopping trip to Walmart. But, as fate would have it, I found the cutest pumpkin onesie--perfect for Emma's first Halloween--while perusing the infant section. However, my creative itch kicked in and I HAD TO scratch it! It needed to be "kicked up a notch" with the addition of a black tutu.







As luck was in my corner that day, our local Walmart has started putting back FABRIC in their store and had a pretty decent selection of tulle. (WHY THE HECK did they take FABRICS out of Walmart in the 1st place??? ) In this area of East TN, the closest JoAnn's and Hobby Lobby are a 45 minute drive from the farmhouse.









After a quick Google search, I found this very informative video tutorial for making tutus from Jill at


http://www.oursevendwarfs.com/2011/07/my-first-tutu-tutorial.html.





Instead of using the suggested pre-cut spooled lengths--mainly because the only color available was white--I purchased yardage and cut my own strips. Knowing that it wasn't going to be a daunting project--NO SEWING--I picked out several colors so I could mix/match basic ones to accent alot of different colored onesies.



On my next SIMPLE boring routine shopping trip to Walmart, you can bet I will be choosing another colorful stash of tulle, as no well dressed young lady ever has "too many" tutus!


Thanks for stopping by the farmhouse for a visit today! We love having company.


Au Revoir,



7 comments:

Sea Witch said...

You are the best grandma-ma. Your little dancers will love these sweet tutus and who says you have to know how to sew in order to create adorable costumes for our little ones? Sea Witch

Our Seven Dwarfs said...

You have been one busy woman making tutus! They all look great! Thank you so much for linking to my tutorial and for all the kind words! I really appreciate it. You made my day!

Jill of oursevendwarfs.com

Lorrie said...

What lucky little grandchildren! What fun to make something for them.

Ana said...

What little girl (not matter the age) doesn't love a tutu? :-) They are adorable. Great job Jacque.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Anonymous said...

upensWhat a tremendous grandma you are. They are so blessed. tL

consejos para cocinas pequeñas said...

Good Site! I wondered if I would be able site some of your site and use a handful of items for a school assignment. Please let me know through email whether that would be fine. Thanks

Bronceado todo el año said...

I am really impressed. Today I spent a lot of time searching for something interesting on this topic. Finally I found your site. Thanks for that!