Monday, June 1, 2009

A Pair of Kings

Bonjour from Campagne Maison




This is just one of the MANY projects that I have been working on lately. I will eventually attach some trim to the bottom of the covers but with 3 kittens in the house that are in that “overactive curious stage”, that would be a rather silly thing for me to do right now.



These chair back covers were made from the toile and duck material I purchased a couple weeks ago. The addition of a simple crown motif and a few jewels (well, an assortment of odd buttons), was all it took to “frou-frou” up the cold vinyl. They are easily slipped on and off for laundering. They are two sided so I have several placement options. I prefer both crowns on the back so the buttons are always visible.





I have also completed my “Wall of Frames”. That project took me longer than I originally thought! As a grandmother, it is just too difficult to edit your “granchillin’s” pictures. I found myself having to separate special occasions, i.e. birthday, Christmas, Halloween, Easter, etc. etc. etc. Now I will have to edit those or either just give up and cover the entire walls with pictures—hummm… NOW there’s an idea!




With all the rain the past couple of months, yard work has taken a back seat to other projects. At the rate I am progressing, maybe they will be ready for the fall planting season. I am still digging the flower gardens at the front entrance to the house. I haven’t found any more Ike dollar coins but did find a white bobby pin that I thought to be quite interesting. It appeared to be fairly new.

Hopefully, by the end of this week a few more remodeling projects will be put to bed.

Thanks for stopping by the farmhouse today. We love company!

Au revoir,

5 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Jacque,

I love what you did with the chairs- fab.
Girl, you do keep busy. Can't wait to see more.

hugs,
Barb

Jacque said...

well, right now, I have the 3 kittens in the house so I have to keep my "frou-frouing" to a minimal, but YES, I do stay busy. Thanks for stopping by the farmhouse. I love your comments

baxtersrus said...

I love your house! Looks like you do some great work. Thanks for commenting on my blog, so fun to hear from a relative I don't know.:) Maybe one day Chad and I can come visit. We want to go visit the south someday. Until then, we'll have to communicate via internet! Have a nice day.

Barb said...

Hey girl,
Try making them with a sugar free recipe and imagine they are calorie filled.

Hope all is well.

hugs,
Barb

Jacque said...

Well...sometimes MY imagination gets the best of me...LOL