Thursday, June 25, 2009

Paul the "Trophy Man"

Bonjour from Campagne Maison,


My Tennessee nephew introduced us to it at our family reunion last year and it was more fun than a barrel of monkeys! Please tell me that I am not the only person that has never heard of the game!

Cornhole or Corntoss, however you want to say it, is the official game of the state of Kentucky. The annual World Championship of Cornhole is held in South Webster, Ohio. There is an official website, http://www.cornhole.com/ and an official store. Cornhole enthusiast’s custom design their game boards and bags and many carry the game on into the night by “lighting up their hole” with the addition of “bag-o-Lanterns, available through http://www.bag-o-lantern.com/. As you can see, some folks get “serious” about the game--including all us new Arkansas converts. That is how I met Paul, the Trophy Man.

In order to stimulate a little more fun at our family reunion, a couple of us decided to begin our own annual Corntoss Competition complete with a trophy and ribbon awards. I “googled” and met Paul, the Trophy Man. He gave me insight into the game, suggested several trophy options, and fashioned this beautiful trophy.






If you should ever need a trophy, please give Paul a call at 606-784-2191 or visit him online at http://www.trophiesnow.com/
His ideas are limitless and he provides fast service and produces excellent workmanship. I can’t say enough about how he worked with me to ensure that this trophy was perfect for our needs. Someone in my family is certainly going to happy to obtain “braggin’rights” to this beauty. Talk about a conversation starter!!

Thank you Paul for all that you did to educate me on the game too! It was so much fun talking with you. You will always be my "Trophy Man".

You can also find out more about the game, at http://www.cornhole.com/ , visit their store, purchase apparel and accessories, and obtain free board building plans and Cornhole Rules.

Listen up family….. "GAME IS ON" …....



Thanks for stopping by the farmhouse for a visit today. We just love having company.

Bonjour,

3 comments:

Ana~A Petite Cottage said...

Hi Jacque,
Me either...I've never heard of it, but it sounds like tons of fun. Hope you and your family have a great time.

~Ana♥

Sea Witch said...

When I moved to Atlanta, Georgia in 1970,I was introduced to this game at picnics at Lake Lanier. Haven't "tossed corn" in over 30 years now but what a pleasant memory you have brought back. Sea Witch

CornholeExpress said...

Great Trophy! The first time I heard the came called cornhole I laughed...but soon I too was hooked. Keep Cornholing!!