Monday, March 5, 2012

on "being reasonably happy"

Bonjour from Campagne Maison


Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity

to accept the things I cannot change;

courage to change the things I can;

and wisdom to know the difference.


 
(Although known most widely in its abbreviated form above,

the entire prayer reads as follows...)



Living one day at a time;

Enjoying one moment at a time;

Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;

Taking, as He did, this sinful world

as it is, not as I would have it;

Trusting that He will make all things right

if I surrender to His Will;

That I may be reasonably happy in this life

and supremely happy with Him

Forever in the next.

Amen.


Thanks for stopping by the farmhouse for a visit today! We love having company.

Au revoir!

1 comment:

Sea Witch said...

I often describe my life as small with simple needs. To be blessed with happiness is a gift indeed. Wishing you and those you love a life of simple joy and happiness.