Friday, August 28, 2009

Rooster Party





Bonjour

Welcome to Campagne Maison


We are participating in Bella Vista's ROOSTER PARTY today!








My name is Redd. Madame Jacque has asked me to welcome you into our home in the beautiful Sweetwater Valley of East TN. I was included in a parting gift from her co-workers, when Madame left her job to move to the farm. I can be seen sitting near the kitchen sink every day. The grandchildren named me Redd and that name has stuck with me ever since!








Please sit down and I will pour you a spot of tea from this lovely Susan Winget Avignon Morning Rooster Teapot collection.








Madame enjoys drinking coffee from her favorite coffee mugs every morning. Her sister, Karen, knew they would be perfect for coffee breaks during their demolition and remodeling adventures of the farmhouse, which happened long before the rest of us moved here. She purchased them at the Family Dollar Store for only $ 1.00 each








and also got Tiny Shiny there for only $ 1.00.












This Rooster China was a birthday gift to Madame from her mother. The entire collection is displayed in the farmhouse china cabinet.




Word has spread around the farm about the party, so I am in charge of keeping up with Spazo, the mischievous Bantam rooster pictured here. When Madame Jacque brought him home, he was painted black. She gave him a bath in a sink of warm soapy water and all the paint washed completely off, revealing his wonderful festive colors! That made him an even better addition to the farm because Madame LOVES color. Spazo likes to strut his colors all over the farmhouse so he NEVER stays in one spot very long.






Meet William. He is part of the World Market collection. He crows a lot but we don’t mind. He lost his hen during our move to the farmhouse and crowing just keeps his mind off missing her!









This is Big O. He is the largest of all us roosters. He was some kind of ugly—as in UGH-A-LEE…when he came to live with Madame Jacque. He was painted with bright SAFETY ORANGE spray paint but she got out her craft paints and voila…NOW he is one fine looking specimen at this farmhouse!











Frenchie and his hen are inseparable. I’ve always heard that about those French lovers! Madame told me that just because they got to sit atop the center of the dining room table didn’t mean that they were special. She just needed a spark of blue for the tabletop this summer and she promises that I can take their place during the Christmas holidays…but first,












I have to let Old Gold have his turn at Thanksgiving. Because she likes to decorate the house with seasonal colors, his rust/gold tones are perfect for Autumn.
















Whitey is very special. He is the oldest and the first of all Madame’s roosters. Her love for roosters began the day she rescued him at a yard sale for only 25 cents!





We always have fun with The General during the 4th of July. He is soooooooooo patriotic and always wears his US flag coat. He likes to remind everyone of how important it is to celebrate our freedom in the great United States of America. For some reason, all the children love to pick him up and hold him. He has been bounced around, dropped, broken, RE-paired, RE-used and loved. He fits in well with the furnishings and lifestyle here at Campagne Maison.




Looks like the party has started without me....








Oh me......Woody and his friends are already plastered!!




They're hanging from the walls....





















Be sure to go on over to Barb's at http://barbsgoodlife.blogspot.com or grab the button on the right hand side of my posting. You will find alot more Roosters Crowing!
Thanks for stopping by the farmhouse today. We love having company!

Au revoir,

Decker

36 comments:

Vintage To Chic said...

you have a wonderful collection, I love the way you let them do the talking, have a great day.
Judy

Sea Witch said...

What a fantastic collection of roosters you have. Loving the rooster teapot and cups. Don't have roosters in my house, but after seeing all of your lovely cock a doodles, I'm thinking maybe I should have a cock or two myself. Okay, stop laughing, it just needed to be said that way. Sea Witch

Anonymous said...

You really do have a nice collection. And they all have character. I will keep my eyes open for more when I am out. Have a great, fun day. TL

Barb said...

Hi Jacque, you have a lovely collection of roosters....wonderful! The red one steals my heart.

Thank you for sharing with us and being a special part of this day.

Barb :-)

Karen said...

Wow! You have a gorgeous collection! I can't even pick my favorite, the one wrapped in the flag, the first pair . . . too hard!
I'm so glad I found your blog! I need more time to go back and visit through your past posts! I'm following now, so I'll be back for sure!
Thanks for sharing
Karen - Some Days Are Diamonds

JKW said...

I love the tea service and the rooster cups. They are all so unique and beautiful. Blessings, Janet

Coloradolady said...

What an amazing collection. I just love Redd. He is magnificent. Have a great weekend.

Lori E said...

I couldn't pick a favorite. I love how we all have such different roosters.

Sue said...

What a wonderful collection of roosters, all are so beautiful Thank you for sharing.
Sue

Barb said...

Hi Jacque,

What a fun post. Girl, you are a rooster gal after my heart.
The general is my favorite I think.

Have fun visiting everyone. I just really got started and my little old rear end is sore-hehe.

hugs,
Barb

Beansieleigh said...

Oh Jacque! What a wonderful post, and a BEAUTIFUL collection! Love that they all have names too! Have fun today, and have a wonderful weekend! ~tina

Becky K. said...

Oooohhhh....I love that china!
Thanks for sharing today.

Happy Rooster Party

Becky K.
Hospitality Lane

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Your ceramic roosters are all 2die4! Love that you name them all, too. I've never seen a patriotic rooster ~ I love him.

Big Rooster Hugs & Pecks,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Anonymous said...

What a great collection - especially like what you did with the candy corn. Great idea :)

Sandra

Ms. Bake-it said...

Hello Jacque,

I love it that you name your roosters! I have done the same thing. My kids tease me about it. I love Frenchie and his hen and the Old Gold.

~ Tracy

Anonymous said...

you have some fab one there I am going to have to go on a rooster hunt i think

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Hi Jacque! You better put old Redd in the hen house every night because I might just slip over there to your house and snatch him up ! LOL . He is gorgeous ! ! ! !
I like your other ones also.You have a big collection !

Debbie said...

You have a great collection of roosters. Love the bell. Debbie

Ana~A Petite Cottage said...

Hi Jacque,
I love your rooster post. It's so cleverly written! And what a special collection of roosters you have. So many it's hard to pick a favorite. This rooster party was so much fun! I haven't looked at everyones post yet either, and so far I haven't seen any repeats either. I thought for sure I would see my rooster a few times. My hubby and daughter gave him to me for my birthday a couple years ago...they got him at Mervyns. Well, my friend, wishing you a wonderful weekend and a very Happy Rooster Day!

Hugs,
♥Ana

Doris Sturm said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Doris Sturm said...

Aw, what a great story. I loved the way Red talked about each one of them and I almost cried when I read about William missing his hen because listening to Andrea Bocelli usually makes me cry anyway - his voice is so beautiful and melancholy!
Love the chicken party with the candy corn...Decker's a very handsome guy! I just loved your entire collection, but best of all the fact that they all have names and that you refurbished a lot of them and gave them new life with your TLC. Thank you!

Melissa Miller said...

~WOW! Jacque you have a stunning collection of beautiful roosters! I just adore sweet Redd and all the rest. Love the plates as well.

~Happy Rooster Party!

Blessings my friend, ~Melissa ;)

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Jacque,
I Love your Rooster party...You have such talkative group!!! Your dinnerware is very pretty. Thanks for your advise...I'm putting some rub&buff in silver on the chandelier and will see how it looks in the morning light.
Glad your package arrived and hope you like the little gifts.
Happy Weekend!
Deb :)

Sarah said...

Madam, this is the most enjoyable post! I smiled all the way through! You are so clever! It sounds like the roosters at this farm live the good life. You have so many wonderful fellows. I have a patriotic rooster myself, but he is different. I had intended to have him join my party, but I simply ran out of time. He'll make an appearance another time.
Hope to see you at hyacinthforthesoul.blogspot.com for some rooster fun at my place. Have a great weekend! ~ Hyacinth

Ruby said...

Your post was so special. Each rooster has their name. Funny I name my "real" chickens but never thought about naming the inside ones. Maybe it's because I don't have kids.

Sprazo is my favorite, with Whitey and Redd giving him a real run for his money!! Love them all and the candy corn gave me a good chuckle.

Jan said...

Hi Jacque! I love the rooster china, that is my very favorite. You have a lovely rooster collection. I love the rooster humor! Please do stop by and visit my blog.

Blessings,
Jan

juls4real said...

Something about big O. he's my favorite. Thanks for sharing al the nice roosters and their stories.

Juls

Lara Harris said...

Beautiful collection....love the blue & white ones :)

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

GORGEOUS COLLECTION of Roosters! I am so glad I got to see them! :)

Irma's Rose Cottage said...

What a lovely Rooster Party! You have quite a collection.

Irma :)

Anonymous said...

Wow what a collection. I love an occasional rooster, but I have never seen so many. They are all beautiful.
QMM
♥♥♥

Julie said...

I Love your Roosters... I am having a give away Please try to stop by...
xoxo
Julie

Maggie said...

Bonjour Jacque,
Loved seeing all your roosters today, especially the blue french couple, oh la la, madame.
Pop over to Normandy Life anytime you want a taste of la vie en France.
a bintot
Maggie

Judy said...

What a wonderful collection. I love your rooster cups and the little feeder is adorable.

Rhondi said...

You have a wonderful collection of roosters. My favorite is the Susan Winget teapot. I'm so glad I was able to ge to the party. Hope I wasn't too late!
Rhondi

Best Health Tips said...

i am impressed by your blog. I like the collection of you pics.