Thursday, May 21, 2009

My Neck of the Woods: Horsing Around





Bonjour from Campagne Maison


This beautiful horse barn sits across the road from the owners home. I always love driving by and seeing all the horses out in that pasture. The gray colored wood of the barn accented with a red metal roof can be seen for several miles before you actually drive upon it. Talk about the element of "anticipation"! Don't you just love the cupola that sits atop the roof?

I am uncertain as to the age of this barn. It appears to be old but it has definitely been well maintained. From the number of horses roaming the pasture and the massive size of his home, I would say that the owner is "well established" in the community. I always wonder if the horses are for his pleasure or if they are being bred and sold.

I can just imagine myself as one of the children in the home at this horse farm. I would be quite the cowgirl, all dressed up in my finest equestrian attire. Of course, it would have to be ALL pink! A Pink hat, a pink jacket with lots of long pink leather fringe, pink boots, pink chaps, and a pink handkerchief tied around my neck. I would ride my horse in every parade and enter every horse show in the county. My bedroom walls would also be pink and they would be covered with blue ribbons. Every shelf in my room would be filled with trophies attesting to my great skills and riding abilities. My mama and daddy would be so proud of the accomplishments of their spirited little cowgirl! I certainly would be the talk of the town and all the little cowboys would have their eyes on me.

(Confession time--I HATE THAT!! I am afraid of horses--but with my imagination, I CAN do and be anything I want)

Please leave a comment if you stopped by the farmhouse today. We love having company!

Au revoir,



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a good Memorial Day. Wear some pink. TL

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Ahh, don't be afraid. Horses are sweet. I agree with you, with your imagination - you can do anything. Great post, Jacque. Have a lovely, pink weekend.
xo~Tracie

Jacque said...

You guys are too sweet. I'm in the pink with comments like that! Have a great weekend as well!