Monday, May 11, 2009

Une petite aide de mes amis


Bonjour from Campagne Maison

"I get by with a little help from my friends"

......John Lennon

I like to cook but I LOVE to bake and today is cookie baking day at the farmhouse. There is nothing quite like the aroma of homemade cookies baking in the oven! Oatmeal Raisin, Peanut Butter Kisses, and Double Chocolate Chip--some for eating, and some for sharing.

I get by with a little help from my friend, Vince, a.k.a. Mr. “La Vencedora” Natural Vanilla. Vince was a gift from a sweet friend whose parents live in Mexico. She brought him back for me because she knew of my love for baking. She promised me that I was really going to tell the difference in the taste of my baked goods using Mexican vanilla. She was right. Vince has enabled me to stir up quite a few tasty batches of cookies, as well as cakes and candies.

I am now looking at the bottom of the bottle wondering just how I’m going to get by without the help of my friend.

Please leave a comment if you stopped by the farmhouse today. We love having company.


Au revoir

2 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Jacque,

I need some Vince too!
Let's plan a quick trip to Mexico-hehe.

hugs,
Barb

Jacque said...

Girl, I can hear the mariachi band playing my song...pack your bags so we can be ready when the Swine flu is under control!