Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Some things to Crow about



Bonjour from Campagne Maison

There’s a lot to crow about at the farmhouse this morning, so “y’all sit down and join me for a spell”.

With the exception of two post caps, the deck is finished! I’ve had my eyes on the copper ones with solar lights and the DH likes them too, so I think it is safe to say that we will be making another trip to Lowe’s pretty soon.

Now, we can start back to work on the front porch. It seems like we are playing musical chairs in our remodeling efforts. We can’t get one project completely finished for having to stop and take care of a problem somewhere else. But, the farmhouse is s-l-o-w-l-y taking shape, one project at a time. It is beginning to look and feel like HOME.

I got the baking “bug” out of my system and a few more flowers planted yesterday. I had a hanging planter that I filled with purple petunias and the deck railing is calling its name! It will look really nice hanging from there. One of my sisters came out to visit my mom and brought some lamb’s ear and a couple of moon flowers to add to my flowerbed.

I haven’t mentioned it before but I’ve got the greatest neighbor! He has taken us under his wing and gone that extra mile to make us feel welcome to the area. He brought us over a huge “mess” of radishes and onions from his garden and asked ME what kind of green beans that I wanted him to plant. He makes a “mean” salsa that he shared with us last year and said he has everything sitting on ready to make it again this year. I have to say, the man knows how to cook and he certainly has made us feel welcome to the neighborhood!

I planted my first garden last year and really enjoyed it, but for some reason I just couldn’t get my mind AND my body in gear this year. I could get one ready for late planting but I am bogged down with the house and don’t need any more projects. As one of my sisters would say, “my mind is willing by my spirit is dead”.

That's about all the catching up I have to do this morning. Thanks for stopping by the farmhouse today. We just love company!

Au revoir,

2 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Jacque,

You have been busy. You must be so excited about all you two have accomplished. I can't wait to see everything you have done.

Don't work too hard.

hugs,
Barb

Jacque said...

"Idle hands are the devil's workshop" as I've been told! Staying busy is the way I deal with stress so it is therapy for me. This farmhouse is a blank canvas and I get to use creative liberties and I am enjoying every minute of it! I would like to see it finished so I could indulge in a few hobbies but in time that will come. Thanks for reading my blog. I really do appreciate it!