Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Guilty Pleasures

Bonjour from Campagne Maison



Praline Pecan Cheesecake

Confession time: I am a cheater--actually a double cheater. (Well, O.K. actually more!) After four agonizing weeks of "healthy eating" and modest exercise (LOL) I fell off the wagon yesterday and made this fabulously delicious Praline Pecan Cheesecake. It is a Jell-O No Bake store bought mix, so that made it even an easier cheat. It has been YEARS since I made a boxed mix cheesecake. WOW, the improvement in the taste is amazing! Maybe my homemade ones aren't "the bomb" after all....

I made my husband promise that he would eat it for breakfast, lunch, and supper tonight. I sure hope he sticks to his promise! I have only eaten one @ 350 calorie piece. My body is willing but my spirit is weak!!

My blog friend, "In Touch With" Vera clued me in on a generous giveaway over at:

For all you quilters or any other bloggers interested in entering, please hurry on over there to see what a great giveaway she is having and to get all the information for the drawing. Don't forget to tell her that I sent you.

Thanks for stopping by the farmhouse for a visit today. We love having company.

Au revoir,

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That does look delicious. TL

Doris Sturm said...

The picture of your dessert look sinfully delicious.

Dont' be so hard on yourself - there's a lot of us just like you. Me included! I generally eat healthy and go out of my way to eat raw veggies at least once a day, no processed foods, no meat, nothing fried, all the good stuff...and yet sometimes I throw caution to the wind and buy the worst thing there is - like a 300 cal. Cinnamon Bun...or an order of freshly made fries from a local establishment...or my fried green tomatoes at the Honey Bee Festival, but you know what? I thoroughly enjoy them and go right back to my healthy way of eating. I figure, as long as the good eating outweighs the bad, I'm ahead of the game.

So, enjoy! As long ast it's not the whole cake ;-)

Jacque said...

Thanks Doris...I needed that word of confirmation...LOL

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

H-m-m-m-m that looks good.Cheesecake is one of my favorites.But I have lots of favorites, LOL !
Here is some good advise I learned from Weight Watchers a long time ago....... if it tastes good , spit it out !!!! LOL !!
I have always had a battle with the bulge. Good luck honey !

Ana said...

Yummmmmm! I think those 350 calories were definitely worth it. Your cheesecake looks sooooooooooo good. What a sweet hubby to agree to help you eat it all...I'm sure there wasn't much convincing to do. :-) Hope you are having a great day.

Hugs,
♥Ana