Thursday, April 30, 2009

My Neck of the Woods: A Passion for the Art of Quilting



Bonjour from Campagne Maison


I am having TOO many “darn, I wish I had my camera” moments. The DH told me that I needed to buy another camera to keep in the car. Well, that would be a wonderful idea but I would have to bring it into the house to download the pictures onto the computer. And you guessed it, THAT would mean I would have two cameras that would never be in the car when I needed them!

Since moving to East TN and driving the country roads, whether it be intentional or not (as in L-O-S-T), I have seen so many things that I would love to share. Old homesteads, barns, and buildings that barely leave a clue as to what they once were AND plenty of wildlife. That may not seem exciting to some readers but remember, I am a city transplant.

I thought it would be nice to share some of these things with you, so beginning today and continuing every Friday--until whenever, I will feature a “My Neck of the Woods” post. If some of you would like to join in, please feel free to do so!

The lady of this farm has a passion for quiliting. She "shows off" some of her families favorite quilt patterns by duplicating them with paint on plywood. Now, THIS is a keeper!

Please leave a comment if you stopped by the farmhouse today. We love having company!

Au revoir,





1 comment:

Barb said...

Hi Jacque,

I can relate to the camera moments. I usually forget to take it with me when I am out and about. Of course, I always see things that I wish I had a shot of.

I love your idea and look forward to seeing what Friday brings.

hugs,
Barb