Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Noir et Blanc

Bonjour from Campagne Maison

I don’t know what draws me to it, but I love anything black and white. Together, separately, diagonally, checked, striped, and floral. Boston Terriers, Jersey cows, zebras, penguins, and skunks (well, Pepe Le Pew). Dominoes, dice, Oreos, Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder (as in Ebony and Ivory).

There is no shortage of it being used to decorate the farmhouse either. So far I have a black and white checked tile floor, black and white toile office chair, black and white toile and gingham checked curtains, black mantel and white fireplace surround, black and white Dominecker chickens, and a black and white computer keyboard, just to name a few....

They are yin-yang, positive and negative, each one complementing, completing, and giving force to the other. They are quirky, they are fun, and they make me happy!

"There are some days when I think I'm going to die from an overdose of satisfaction". ~Salvador Dali
What colors make you happy and do you use them to decorate your home? Please leave a comment so I will know you stopped by the farmhouse for a visit today.

Au revoir,




1 comment:

TL said...

TL visited your site on 04/09. Black and white is good. Alot can be done with that