Sunday, March 1, 2009

Auld Lang Syne

Bonjour from Campagne Maison©

Auld Lang Syne...Times Gone By
Family was in to visit at Campagne Maison this past weekend and I just love it when I get to spend time with my family. Now that Mama and the three of us girls are living in East TN, it is a little more difficult for everyone to get together. Work schedules and driving time always interfere with the amount of time we get to spend with each other. J Karen and I worked at Spazo's, so our time was even more limited.
As a family, time has stolen alot of things from us but we will never let it take our memories. And, oh my gosh--what memories!! My mother, at age 86, can recall the past as if she lived it only yesterday. Just like little kids with eager ears, we all sat around her to hear those "same old stories" as only SHE can tell them, urging her to tell us more. She loves reliving the past because she loves talking about my daddy. Even though those times were difficult for her, she managed to raise nine children, keep a clean house, and work as a laborer in the fields. I am sure that reliving those memories are what keeps her alive.
Today as I reflect on "times gone by", join me as I drink a cup of kindness yet...... for those days of Auld Lang Syne.
Au revoir...

No comments: