Sunday, March 1, 2009

Drinking Lemonade

Bonjour from Campagne Maison©

Ever have one of "those" days? I find myself identifying with the time travelers on the television series, LOST. One minute everything is great, then as fast as a lightning flash, everything sucks! Today was one of those days. Actually, it seems lately that those days are coming a little more often than what I would like for them to come. If I were writing the script, I certainly would never include any bad days. But, I am not, so I will learn to endure. I keep reminding myself that if it wasn't for those bad days how would I ever appreciate the good ones?

A good friend of mine once quoted "when life gives us lemons, make lemonade", so that is what I did today. I set aside the long "to do" list that always seems to take precedence in my life and found solace in a few much needed luxuries. I took a long hot tub soak, went shopping and spent more money than I should, consumed more than my share of some sinfully delicious fattening fast food, took a mid afternoon nap, called the grandchildren, surfed the internet, and drank, drank, drank that bittersweet lemonade.

Now, I am basking in the glory of my self proclaimed title of "Survivor"....for I have once again earned it and actually wear it quite well......

Bonne nuit, a bientot

No comments: