Sunday, March 1, 2009

La Vie en Rose

Bonjour from Campagne Maison©

This morning, I was awakend by the sound of raindrops falling on the metal roof of the farmhouse. Ahhh....there really is nothing to compare to that sound! Really. Nothing.
With most of the world still asleep and while the sky was still as black as pitch, I took the opportunity to just stay in bed and LISTEN. As I lay there all snuggled warm beneath the blankets, visual images crossed my mind triggering memories of my childhood--the Delta levee, the daily chores of hanging out clothes to dry, playing with special friends, sharing bathwater, beds, and an occasional quarrel with my siblings.

The rise and the fall of all those emotions overcame me as each drop fell, playing its melody with all the beauty and the skill of an orchestra. Every instrument, taking its cue from the maestro's baton..from the slow adagio to the growing crescendo....then total silence and it would start all over again. Start and stop, soft and loud, fast and slow. I didn't want to get out of bed. I just wanted to lay there and listen.

This morning I took the time to "stop and smell the roses", or perhaps in this case, the time to listen to my heart. You know, the earth is full of so many beauthiful things that God has given us to feed our emotions--the majesty of the sunrise and sunset over the ocean, sand and gumbo mud squishing between our toes as we walk barefoot, the call of the crickets for rain, lightning bugs at nightfall signaling bedtime, the eerie quietness of a snowfall, and the sound of rain bounching off a metal roof.

Today, I am glad that I took the time to listen...."La Vie en Rose"

Au revoir,

No comments: